- In the course of our business, it is sometimes necessary to collect “nonpublic personal information” about people who seek insurance or financial services from us (“Customers”). We do not, however, collect any information unless it is required to serve our Customers and to conduct our business. We collect information from sources such as:
- Our Customers themselves;
- Consumer reporting agencies and other third parties authorized by a Customer to give us information (e.g., consumer reports, claims reports, medical reports and motor vehicle reports); and
- A Customer’s transactions with us, our affiliates, and insurers or broker-dealers that we represent.
- We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our Customers or former Customers to anyone outside our organization, except to effect a transaction authorized by the Customer or as required by law. We may disclose such personal information to our affiliate companies:
- To complete financial transactions authorized by a Customer;
- To service, process or administer business operations such as accounting, underwriting and claims; and
- To identify other products and services that may be beneficial to a Customer.
- From time to time, we may retain third parties to perform various support services for us (e.g., insurance claims adjusters, attorneys, or mail houses) and may enter into relationships with other parties with whom we will jointly market various products and services.
We may disclose limited amounts of Customer information to these parties so they can perform their services or engage in joint marketing activities with us, but we do not disclose any more information than is necessary.
- If we receive a Customer’s health information, we do not share such information with third parties or affiliates except as required to service the subject Customer’s policy, account, claim or contract; for legitimate insurance functions; as allowed by applicable laws governing privacy of health records; or with the Customer’s authorization.
- We go to great lengths to maintain the privacy and security of our Customers’ personal information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect all the information we collect. We are careful to ensure that our employees follow strict policies and procedures to protect the confidentiality of our Customers’ personal information, and our computer systems are configured in a way to prevent inappropriate access by third parties. Our employees are allowed access to a Customer’s personal information only to the extent that they need to know that information to provide products or services to the Customer or for other legitimate business purposes.
- It is important to us to keep a Customer’s information current and accurate. If you believe that our records are inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us at 1-800-282-4882. We will investigate your concerns and correct any inaccuracies.