Home > Risk Management & Patient Safety > RM Newsletters
MagMutual does not presume to establish any standard of care or establish rules for the practice of medicine. The particular patient-care strategies or range of patient-care strategies mentioned in these newsletters should be tempered by the physician's judgment. The Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free program for reading many documents on the web is required to view these publications.
- Many of our newsletter articles carry CME credit, just for completing a brief post-test.
Click HERE to see our current offerings.
Volume 19/Number 1 - 2013 - NEW!
- Audit Proofing your EHR Stimulus Funds with an IT Security Risk Assessment
- Assessing, Handling Medically at Risk Drivers
- Highlights of ONC Guidance
- Attend a Patient Safety Seminar and Earn Up to a 10% Premium Credit, Free CME
Volume 18/Number 4 - 2012
- Shifting Focus from Meaningful Use to ACO: Risk Management Perspective
- How to Thrive in Future Health Care Delivery and Reimbursement Models
Volume 18/Number 3 - 2012
- Tips to Improve Your Medical Office Patient Satisfaction Score
- Management of Anticoagulant Therapy
- The Medical Family and Malpractice Stress
- Is Yours a Five-Star Culture?
- The defendant’s table can be a lonely place
Volume 18/Number 2 - 2012
- Power Out. No Internet. No EMR. Help!
- 2012 Meningitis Claims Update
- What To Do When You Close Your Practice
- Patient Dies After Second Biopsy Finds Cancer
Volume 18/Number 1 - 2012
- Burnout ... Prevention and Recovery
- Ask a Risk Manager
- Small Medical Offices at Greatest Risk of Data BreachesHow
- The Ripple Effect of Professional Licensing Discipline … Handle with Care
Volume 17/Number 4 - 2011
- Electronic Health Records: Assessing Best Practices and Anticipating Liability Concerns
- Coping with Malpractice Stress
- HR Question: Job Abandonment
- Adeptly and Professionally Documenting Disagreements with Consultants in the ED
Volume 17/Number 3 - 2011
- Developing Social Media Policies for Your Practice
- Medicare & Medicaid Audits: How to Respond to an Initial Request for Records
- Managing the Noncompliant Patient
Volume 17/Number 2 - 2011
- From Paper Charts to an EHR: What are the Concerns?
- Surgical Fires: Reducing the Risk of Patient Injury
- Conscious Sedation in the Medical Office Setting: Patient Safety Considerations
Volume 17/Number 1 - 2011
- What to Do When The Government Comes Knocking
- E-Prescribing Demonstrated to Reduce Prescribing Errors & Adverse Drug Events
- Risk Management and Patient Safety What’s New
- Ask a Risk Manager… Releasing Personal Health Information from an Electronic Health Record
- How are we doing?
Volume 16/Number 4 - 2010
- New: Exclusive Tools to Manage Your Risk, Employees
- 1in1,500 Pregnancies Affected By Cancer
- Messaging Systems Improve Office Productivity and Patient Follow-up
- Meaningful Use of EMRs – Ten Things to Know
- Check Out Our Risk Management Web Page!
- How are we doing?
Volume 16/Number 3 - 2010
- Tips for Reducing Costly Patient No--Shows
- Wrong--Site Surgery? Not at My Place
- Medical Board Restricts Pain Clinic Physician’s License
- Frailty Scoring Helps Predict Surgical Outcomes in Older Patients
- Highlights of Pain Management
- Risk Management Recommendations
Volume 16/Number 2 - 2010
- The Medico-Legal Aspects of Acute Compartment Syndrome- Avoiding the Sequelae of a Delayed Diagnosis
- Chart Documentation of Patients Leaving Without Being Seen or Against Medical Advice
- Physician Liability for Shared Records in a Group EMR System
- Check out Our Web Site’s New Look!
- How are we doing?
Volume 16/Number 1 - 2010
- Hidden Consequences of Taking Call—Misunderstandings and Miscommunications
- Employment Practices Services Question of the Month
- Just When You Thought Your Narcotics Were Safe…… Implementing a Fail Safe System in the Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Joint Commission Alert: Preventing Deaths During, After Pregnancy High blood pressure, diabetes, obesity put women at risk.
Volume 15/Number 4 - 2009
- Cosmetic Medicine: The Beauty and the Beast
- Suggestions for Selecting Information Technology to Support Your Practice
- Doctor, Just Say No
- Is Your Practice HIPAA IT “ Secure” ?
Volume 15/Number 3 - 2009
- Medication Management Issues – A Driver in Professional Liability Lawsuits
- New Offering for Policyholders: FreeWeb-Based RiskManagement Training for Office Staff
- Medication Management: What Does Your Medical Record Documentation Reflect?
- Develop Grass-Roots Level Organizational Commitment and Improve Productivity by “Engaging” Your Employees
- Problems Documenting Test Result Management- How about this Risk Management Tip?
Volume 15/Number 2 - 2009
- Medical History: The Cornerstone of the Medical Visit
- PAP Smear/Cervical Cytology, What is Current Today?
- Medical Assistant - Certification Programs
- Claims Lessons
- 2009 Physician CME Seminar Schedule
Volume 15/Number 1 - 2009
- Patient Non-Compliance—A Powerful Legal Defense
- Risk Management Transitions Department
- A Working Model for Credentialing and Supervising Medical Assistants
- Hearing Impaired Patients—Physician Obligation to Provide Interpreters