Hotel Benefit Available for PolicyOwners Affected by COVID-19
Posted March 26, 2020
During this unprecedented time, you are facing new dangers, challenges and uncertainties. Too many patients, dwindling supplies and unclear guidance from the usual authoritative sources. That’s why now more than ever, we want to remind you of one constant: MagMutual will do everything we can to support our policyholders like you.
In the spirit of supporting you and your mission, the MagMutual Foundation is pledging $1,000,000 to help policyholders who may need to stay in a hotel or temporary housing to decrease the chances of spreading infections to those you live with.
While you work so tirelessly to take care of your patients, we can in this small way help you take care of yourself.
Hotel Benefit CRITERIA:
- If you are insured by MagMutual and;
- You are worried that you have been exposed, in your work as a healthcare provider, to coronavirus and;
- You do not want to be in close proximity to and risk infecting loved ones; so
- You have decided to stay in a hotel or other temporary accommodations.
We can help. Here’s how:
- If you meet the above criteria, give us a call: 404-842-5550 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please have your policy number at hand
That’s it. We’ll give you further guidance on the phone or by email.
Other important details:
- You must be a current MagMutual policyholder
- The donation is capped at $1M
- Payments are on a first-come, first-served basis
- A paid, itemized hotel bill is required
- Only expenses not reimbursable are eligible
- Limited to those medical doctors caring for patients exposed to, or infected by, the COVID-19 virus
- Spouses and family members are not eligible
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is the hotel benefit available to mid-level practitioners?
The hotel benefit is available to all providers individually named on the policy.
- How long will the hotel benefit be available?
The hotel benefit will be offered from March 26, 2020, until the $1,000,000 cap is reached. There is no time limit.
- Can I use the hotel benefit to pay my hotel room charge in advance?
No. This is a reimbursement benefit. Please pay your hotel bill, then submit your paid, itemized receipts and we will reimburse you.
- How do I submit my paid hotel receipts for reimbursement?
Please complete the online application with your paid, itemized hotel receipts and wire banking form (if you wish the funds to be electronically deposited in your account).
- How frequently should I present my paid hotel receipts?
Hotel room charges can be submitted once a month.
- Do I need to submit a new application and wire form each time I submit receipts?
- Is there a limit on the length of the hotel stay?
There is no limit on length of stay. You can continue to request reimbursement as long as funds remain available.
- Is there a maximum per-night reimbursement amount?
Yes. While we expect most rooms will cost around $100 per night, we can reimburse up to $300 per night.
- Is there a maximum aggregate reimbursement amount?
Yes. We can reimburse up to a maximum of $5,000 per individual, per year.
- How soon will I receive the reimbursement payment?
Upon receipt of the required information, our goal is to process your payment within ten business days. Please note if the ACH/wire banking form in the application is not completed, funds will be disbursed via check to your stated address.
- Can the reimbursement check be made out to a corporation or business?
No. We can only reimburse an individual, and the hotel bill must have that individual's name on it.