Business of Medicine
Telemedicine software and features, an overview
November 12, 2015
When looking for the right telemedicine software, there are many factors to consider. Some telemedicine services are cloud-based, some are software-based, and some allow access to a telemedicine network that exists and is managed outside of your practice. It’s crucial to know up front how you plan to use telemedicine and the benefits you expect it to provide your practice and patients before deciding which option is right for you.
According to the American Telemedicine Association Website the following services and solutions are ranked most valuable among healthcare professionals with regard to telemedicine software:
- Online appointment calendar
- Unlimited online video sessions
- Tech support
- Mass patient onboarding
- Practice management dashboard
- Secure document sharing
- Multi-provider capability
- Administrative access
- High definition video quality
- Multi-user chat
- Access to a network that allows telehealth services
- Clinical workflow support
- Virtual market place for telehealth services
- Cloud-based software
- HIPAA-compliant, encrypted live video, audio and messaging platform
- Accessible via smartphones, tablet, laptops, desktop computer or other internet-enabled devices
- Integrated claims system
- Direct EHR integration
- Diagnostic/biometric medical devices can be integrated
- Pharmacy data import
- E-commerce function for processing copays
- Reporting and analytics
These solutions and services are just some of the benefits you could receive with your telemedicine software. When selecting your software it’s important to look at all your options before deciding which one will work best for your practice. The solution you choose should provide you with the services and benefits that are imperative to utilizing telemedicine in the most efficient way for your practice.
Telemedicine Product & Service Directory. http://atatelemedicinedirectory.com/. American Telemedicine Association.
Want to learn more?
Interested in how MagMutual can help?View our products
The information provided in this resource does not constitute legal, medical or any other professional advice, nor does it establish a standard of care. This resource has been created as an aid to you in your practice. The ultimate decision on how to use the information provided rests solely with you, the PolicyOwner.