Business of Medicine
Slip, Trip and Fall Training Video
By Ruth Wood
Falls are the second leading cause of accidental death and a major cause of debilitating injuries in the United States. When a slip, trip, or fall occurs in the workplace, costs to the organization can be severe. This program outlines and explains how to prevent and document slip, trips, and falls in a healthcare organization. The speaker, Attorney Brian Mathis, has defended numerous organizations throughout his career in slip, trip, and fall litigation. He provides comprehensive recommendations that, when implemented, will keep employees and customers safe in the workplace and help organizations defend themselves if litigation occurs.
At the conclusion of the session, participants will understand:
- Costs associated with slips, trips, and falls in the workplace
- Top issues faced in defending organizations in slip, trip, and fall litigation
- Top facility hazards that lead to slips, trips, and falls
- Definitions of duty and proving negligence in slip, trip, and fall litigation
- Recommendations for preventing and documenting in slips, trips, and falls
For more resources on this topic, please visit our Slip, Trip, and Fall: Prevention and Resources Toolkit
The information provided in this resource does not constitute legal, medical or any other professional advice, nor does it establish a standard of care. This resource has been created as an aid to you in your practice. The ultimate decision on how to use the information provided rests solely with you, the PolicyOwner.