Information We Collect
In the course of our business, it is necessary to collect nonpublic personal information about you. However, we do not collect any information unless it is required to serve you and to conduct our business. We collect information from sources such as:
- Your interaction with us, including your use of our website through the use of Google Analytics features such as Audience Demographic Reports, Audience Interest Reports, and Remarketing;
- Consumer reporting agencies and other third parties authorized by you to give us information (e.g., consumer reports, claims reports, medical reports and motor vehicle reports); and
- Your transactions with us, our affiliates, and insurers or broker-dealers that we represent.
We do not sell, trade or rent your information to third parties. We do not knowingly solicit or sell personal information of people under the age of 16.
Use and Disclosure of Customer Information
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to anyone outside our organization, except to effect a transaction authorized by you or as required by law. We may use and disclose such personal information to our affiliate companies:
- To communicate with you, including for marketing and advertising purposes;
- To identify other products and services that may be beneficial to you;
- To complete financial transactions authorized by you;
- To service, process or administer business operations such as accounting, underwriting and claims; and
- For other legitimate purposes relating to our business operations.
Sharing of Information with Service Providers
From time to time, we may retain third parties to perform various support services for us and may enter into relationships with other parties with whom we will jointly market various products and services.
We may disclose limited amounts of your information to these parties so they can perform their services or engage in joint marketing activities with us, but we do not disclose any more information than is necessary.
Marketing and Advertising
Our email messages may contain an advertisement or solicitation. If you no longer wish to receive such messages from MagMutual, please unsubscribe here.
If we receive your or your patient’s health information, we do not share such information with third parties or affiliates except as required to service the subject of your policy, account, claim or contract; for legitimate insurance functions; as allowed by applicable laws governing the privacy of health records; or with your or your patient’s authorization.
Confidentiality and Security of Your Information
We go to great lengths to maintain the privacy and security of your personal information. We maintain physical, electronic, technical, and procedural safeguards to protect all the information we collect. We are careful to ensure that our employees follow strict policies and procedures to protect the confidentiality of your personal information, and our computer systems are configured in a way that prevents inappropriate or unauthorized access by third parties. Our employees are allowed access to your personal information only to the extent that they need to know that information to provide products or services to you or for other legitimate business purposes.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Notice – Effective January 1, 2020
This CCPA Notice does not apply to personal information that we collect, use, and disclose in our normal course of business on behalf of our customers or that we collect from job applicants, contractors, or employees.