At the heart of any physician-patient relationship is trust, and maintaining that after an unexpected outcome can be challenging.
The Preserve Program was created specifically to help. By promoting open, honest communication and providing needed financial support, MagMutual enables you to meet your patient’s expectations during this crucial time so you can preserve your relationship.
- Supporting the physician-patient relationship following an unexpected medical outcome
- Reimbursing the patient for non-covered related expenses, which is separate from your medical professional liability coverage
- Maintaining the physician-patient relationship
- Encouraging open and honest communication, including disclosure of unexpected outcomes
- Encouraging expressions of concern, including an apology where appropriate
- Addressing patients’ needs at a crucial time
Determination of negligence is not a part of the program, nor is the program intended to interfere with any litigation or third-party claims process. Participation is voluntary.