regulation of Medicine
The HIPAA Toolkit
July 31, 2019
Individual rights under HIPAA
What rights do individuals have with respect to their protected health information?
Individuals have the right to
- Access their medical records and other information
- Request changes or amendments to their PHI
- Request an accounting of disclosures of their PHI
- Request certain restrictions on the use and disclosure of their PHI
- Request that they be contacted at different places or via different means than the provider might otherwise contact them. …
The information provided in this resource does not constitute legal, medical or any other professional advice, nor does it establish a standard of care. This resource has been created as an aid to you in your practice. The ultimate decision on how to use the information provided rests solely with you, the PolicyOwner.